BAD AIR SPONGE® (BAS) is a semi-solid gel containing activated charcoal, humectants and reagents which adsorb,neutralize and alter undesirable odors and fumes. It is designed for continuous use, is non-toxic, non-flammable, environmentally safe and easy to apply. BAS can be placed inside air handling equipment to adsorb and neutralize odors as product is dispersed and circulated throughout an entire building. Or place BAS in affected areas for odor remediation. BAS reduces in size as it reacts with airborne odor causing compounds. BAS will last 30 to 150 days based on product size loading. The residual material is both pH balanced and 100% biodegradable. This product has been used in central air systems as an odor adsorbant for 50+ years and no known instance of allergies or sensitivities have been reported or recorded.
- Light Odors: 1lb. per 400 sq.ft. or ton of A/C or 350 CFM of fan capacity
- Medium Odors: 2lb. per 400 sq.ft. or ton of A/C or 350 CFM of fan capacity
- Heavy Odors: 4lb. per 400 sq. ft. sq.ft. or ton of A/C or 350 CFM of fan capacity
Directions for Usage
To activate product remove lid and place; 1) inside the supply air plenum (area behind air filter) and in front of the coils of your system, 2) inside supply air ducting; or, 3) in any affected area. For maximum effectiveness eject BAD AIR SPONGE® onto lid, removing container.
- Theoretical Coverage: 1lb. per ton; or 400 sq.ft. or 350 CFM (light odors)
- Appearance: Blue, solid paste-gel
- pH: 7 (neutral)
- Clean up: Paste-gel
- % Solids: 17%
- Odor: Mildly fragrant
- Shelf life: 2 years
- Environmental (EPA
Registration): None needed
- Effects of Over Exposure: eye-none known, skin-none known, ingestion-none known, inhalation-none known